Here is a small trivia for all you motorcycle enthusiasts out there. Of course, we can all agree that the head gear is the most important motorcycle accessory every rider should have, right? Not only to protect the biker from head traumas but even death that can happen due to a riding mishap. But did you know that there are over 600 different kinds of helmets available in the market for you to choose from?
Now, I know that this would post a big problem if you want to pick and own thebest but don’t have any knowledge how to. However, I want to assure you that you do not have to worry anymore. This article will give you a thorough review as to what are the best motorcycle helmet brands in the market for the last two consecutive years -the year 2017 and 2018.
There are a couple of good motorcycle helmet brands out there but in this review, we have listed the top motorcycle helmet brands you can own. We have considered an essential aspects that the buyers will look at when choosing for their helmets, that is, the design and safety, the over-all ride purpose and the value for its price.
There are five basic types of helmets –the full faced which are commonly used by most riders and the off-road/motocross helmet worn by the extreme sport’s riders. Additionally, the modular/ flip-up helmets are also very popular so as the open face and the half helmet.
THE BEST MOTORCYCLE HELMET BRANDS IN 2017
- Scorpion EXO-R710 Helmet: This beauty is a 2017 Snell certified, has a composite emergency removal system and adapts an intermediate oval head-shape design. It is super light at 3 ½ lbs and it also features 100% UV-rays protection that comes in black, matte black, white and silver.
- Bell MX-9 Adventure Helmet: This helmet is made to have great ventilation for off road rides. The MX-9 comes with an integrated face shield, adjustable mouth vent and EPS lined chin bar that comes in two-color option –black and white.
- Shoei Hornet X2 Helmet: Known to one of the best motorcycle helmet brands in the market, Shoei is up to give the world an “adventure helmet”. The Hornet X2 is excellent for on-road and off-road trips. You can never go wrong with this head gear as this has the CNS-2 face shield system, molded in the 3D injection that gives a distortion-free view and possesses the advanced integrated matrix plus multi-fiber shell construction for a smaller, lighter and more aerodynamic design. It also comes in many various colors.
- Fox Racing V3 Helmet: Who doesn’t want a helmet that has a multi-directional impact protection system like the V3? This lid has colors available in black/white, red, orange and blue. Aside from the great aesthetic design, the V3 sports the dual density EPS liners and 14 intake plus four exhaust vents for maximum air flow, making every ride a true pleasure.
- AGV AX-8 EVO Naked Carbon Helmet: This super light helmet at 2 lbs and 15 ounces made from carbon fiber shell. The AX-8 EVO Carbon’s design has a flat face shield in non-scrape, anti-fog polycarbonate and features the dry-lex internal padding with sanitized treatment. I bet cleaning would not to have to happen too often.
THE BEST MOTORCYCLE HELMET BRANDS IN 2017
- Bell Race Star Helmet: The Race Star is highly regarded as the baby brother of the Bell Pro Star that is one of the best helmets ever produced by Bell. But if you think that the former will be too expensive, not really.
This technology is a first of its kind, three layer-liner that not only guards on normal impact but provides better protection for rotational impacts. It also offers the Provision viewport that aids the rider to achieve both vertical and lateral visibility for easier head checks and safer lane changes.
- Scorpion EXO-GT920 Helmet: The cool thing about the EXO-GT920 is its speed view retractable drop-down sun visor. This helmet is ideal for multiple riding purposes -sports riding, touring and commuting. It is made from premium polycarbonate shell for lightweight, tough and optimized impact displacement.
- Schuberth E1 Adventure Helmet: Most riders try to put ear plugs as some helmets produce really loud noises when they ride, but Schubert knew their customers too well. With that in mind, the E1 is designed to reduce noise to approximately 84 decibels for quiet bike experience. There had also been increased in ventilation up to 60% with the chin bar so as the EPS with integrated antennas for SRC-System which improves radio and Bluetooth range.
- Nexx XG100 Bolt Helmet: To be considered one of the best motorcycle helmet brands, you got to know exactly what helmet look never gets old and Nexx did exactly that. The XG100 Bolt looks like a blast in the past with its classic retro helmet. It is made with X-MATRIX Shell (multi-axial fiberglass, 3D organic fibers, special aramid fibers and carbon reinforcement). A combination of technological innovation for comfort and also features the X.MART DRY fabrics with soft padding, which both are anti-sweat and anti-allergic fabric. Lovely helmet, eh?
- ICON Alliance GT Helmet: Made for strength and durability, the Alliance GT comes in rub at one black. It features rear exhaust ports to avoid heat build-up, a chin venting system to prevent shield fogging and has the Gold RST interchangeable internal drop shield. Pretty cool, right?
Now that you know what helmets to choose from among the best, a fine-looking rider would never be complete without his best accessory that is his girl. For all of you who have wives or girlfriends or a female companion you want to take on a mountainside ride, a lovely and attractive pink motorcycle helmet would be a fine choice for her too.
If you want to learn more about The Best Motorcycle Helmets visit our additional resources: